Major Love Prayer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Uncover MJ's Name campaign!

2 posters

Go down

Help Uncover MJ's Name campaign! Empty Help Uncover MJ's Name campaign!

Post by MJsArmy Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello all,

For the first time EVER, all major MJ groups are teaming together to send an MLP or a postive energy raise to the Help Uncover MJ's Name group who are finally meeting with the Los Angeles Unified School District to uncover Michael's name at the Gardner Street School Auditorium! They are meeting on Tuesday, October 19th at 1:00 p.m. PST. However, we plan to start our prayer one hour before at 12:00 noon PST. Please check the world clock for YOUR correct time!

12:00 noon LA time

Further details coming tomorrow, and will also posted at the MJ's Army forum from the Worldwide MJ Community. Won't you join us?

Justice for Michael!

Mal
MJsArmy
MJsArmy

: : Heal the World

Back to top Go down

Help Uncover MJ's Name campaign! Empty Re: Help Uncover MJ's Name campaign!

Post by mjbunny Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 pm

OMG, it's happened!!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Great news! MJ's name uncovered on school auditorium!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Absolutely wonderful news tonight from the Uncover Michael Jackson's Name (The Gardner St. School Issue Campaign) Facebook page! Michael's name has finally been uncovered!!! (Photo to the left is from today, from the campaign's FB profile. Please check them out and leave your comments!) This is truly something to celebrate!!! Victory for justice and for Michael! Please help us trend #MJsNameUncovered on Twitter! Thank you @HelpUncoverMJXx!

If you are unfamiliar with the history of this, here's a brief summary: In October of 1989 the Gardner Street School, where Michael once attended sixth grade, officially named and dedicated their auditorium to him in a ceremony Michael personally attended to accept the honor:

And thus it was the Michael Jackson Auditorium for many years. That is, until 2003, when the allegations against him were made and the strange decision was made to cover up his name on the building (just based on accusations, in a country where one is supposedly "innocent until proven guilty"). Even after Michael was acquitted entirely of ALL charges in 2005 it remained covered. It was a sad statement, sending a terrible message to the children of the community ... i.e., if you are ever accused, even if you are found innocent, your name will continue to carry shame? It made no sense.

And then (finally!) came today: October 15, 2010! This uncovering of MJ's name is the culmination of a worldwide effort by our MJ fan family, such as those behind the campaign (God bless you, Jennifer, Karla, Ariel, Blessy, Melissa, Michelle, Nathalie, Sahar and Rev Catherine Gross), and every single person who promoted and/or participated in the effort. THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for your patience, your perserverance, your belief and your love and respect for Michael and his family. Thank you Taj, thank you Jodi Gomes, thank you Katherine!!! (Read this post on mjj-777 for more info on how this came about! Thank you, Seven!) And thank you even to those fans who didn't know about this campaign in time or who hadn't yet contributed, but wanted to ... for you also love Michael and have faith in the truth, and the truth will prevail! It's up to all of us to take these steps to clear Michael's name in the eyes of a misinformed public. This is one first step, but a hugely important one! I can feel Michael smiling right now, can't you?! Smile And a big THANKS as well to the current staff at Gardner St School and the school board who finally listened and did the right thing.

Welcome back, Michael Jackson Auditorium! We love you, Michael!!!!!!!! This is just the beginning! ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
mjbunny
mjbunny

: : I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY SOUL, MICHAEL ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by mjbunny Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 pm

;
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NEWS RELEASE

(213) 241-6766 #10/11-089

MICHAEL JACKSON’S NAME ON DISPLAY AGAIN AT GARDNER SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
Elementary School’s Most Famous Alum Recognized for His Musical Legacy

Los Angeles­The silver, foot-high letters gleam once again, proclaiming The Michael Jackson Auditorium at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood. It is the last public school attended by Jackson­then an 11-year-old sixth grader ­ who was the lead in a singing group with his brothers. Three months after school started, Motown released their debut album “Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5.” And, the young entertainer was on his way to becoming an international star.

“It’s important for the District to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson,” said Los Angeles School Board member Steven Zimmer. I’m happy that we will be recognizing and appreciating Michael’s LAUSD moment.”

The sign was originally unveiled at the then newly-refurbished auditorium in 1989. However, when the King of Pop was charged with child molestation, the sign was covered with layered board. For the record, the entertainer was never convicted. After his death last year fans began a campaign to have his name revealed.

At the direction of Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Ramon C. Cortines, the tribute was uncovered today.

“In recognition of Michael Jackson’s musical legacy and contribution to modern culture I have directed our maintenance and operations department to remove the layered board covering the tribute to Mr. Jackson at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood,” said LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines.

###
mjbunny
mjbunny

Back to top Go down

Help Uncover MJ's Name campaign! Empty Skype meeting for MJ

Post by MJsArmy Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:13 pm

Yes, it's wonderful isn't it? The MJ community has been celebrating these past few days, savoring our victory for justice. But there's still so much work to do!

Please note I’m holding our next Skype conference call for members this Wednesday, October 20th at 9:00 p.m. CST. I fixed the world clock for that time so just check this link for your own time zone:

Your meeting time

We will of course celebrate our recent victory, discuss any and all things MJ, share info and our love for Michael and each other. We can talk about our connections with Michael too, and of course are inviting Michael as our special guest! Then directly after our meeting, we will hold a live Circle of Love at 10:00 p.m. CST. It’s very much like the Major Love Prayer. I can explain how it works when we chat. If you can't make the call, try to at least meet with us "in spirit"

IMPORTANT: I will need your Skype name to add you to my contact list. If you don't have Skype yet, download it here for free: http://www.skype.com Then be sure to open Skype BEFORE our meeting so I can invite you into the call. It’s going to be great to connect with you, my sistas! Smile Looks like it will be a packed house!

Mal
MJsArmy
MJsArmy

Back to top Go down

Post by MJsArmy Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Okay weird. The coding didn't work for the world clock so here is the URL again... just copy and paste in your browser if it's not clickable. Thanks Smile

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=20&year=2010&hour=21&min=0&sec=0&p1=265
MJsArmy
MJsArmy

Back to top Go down

Post by mjbunny Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:03 am

Ah darn, that's 4am in Europe! lol Well, I won't be able to join, but I hope it goes well for everyone who can! Smile thank u bow
mjbunny
mjbunny

Back to top Go down

Post by MJsArmy Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:11 am

That's okay, Light Bunny. I will share what happened at our meeting afterwards at the forum. Please join MJ's Army, because my next skype meeting will be on a weekend at an earlier time.

It's all for L.O.V.E.

Mal
MJsArmy
MJsArmy

Back to top Go down

Post by mjbunny Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 am

^ I've joined, just under my other name. Wink Sorry I haven't posted there yet. Just busy, you know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ! heart
mjbunny
mjbunny

Back to top Go down

Post by MJsArmy Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:47 am

Oh okay! Smile Hope you got my welcome email, and be sure to post when you can. Since you can't make the meeting, you can read about what happened under MJ's Army Group Activities.

A warm Welcome!

Mal
MJsArmy
MJsArmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum